I can forgive a movie for being a cliché but I find it difficult to forgive a movie for being so contrived.
In Colombiana, Zoe Saldana:
- wears skintight and ultra thin body suits that show off her nipples
- wears loose tank tops that show off her nipples
- licks a lollipop and gives it a blowjob
- has sex
… all for no reason, except to appeal to a male and lesbian audience and show off her nipples. (Note that I keep on extolling her nipples because there are no breasts to speak of.)
Me: I’m not in a position to comment on her sex appeal.
Lesbian friend: She is NOT sexy!
Straight girl friend: She has a select fan base—geeks.
Also in the movie, Michael Vartan, who falls in love with Zoe not knowing she’s an assassin:
- prepares her breakfast in bed
- wants her to ask him three questions so they can get to know each other
- stops her from taking off her top (and showing off her nipples) because… he prefers to talk.
The last time I had seen this much mockery on film was when Denise Richards played a nuclear physicist.
Mideo Cruz, this movie needs your etits plastered on it.