In Looper, set in the year when time travel has become possible, a hired assassin is tasked to kill people sent to him from the future.
- I don’t normally have anything against Bruce Willis but when he appeared in the movie, I started not to take the film seriously. (-0.5)
- His eyes are squinted the entire time, which is what I do when I’m taking a self-portrait and I don’t want my eyebags to show. (-0.5)
- In one scene, he decimates an entire mafia ring as he heaves by his lonesome with his machine gun. This reassured me of the soundness of my prejudice. (-1)
- Except for a brief moment, Joseph Gordon-Levitt does not take off his shirt. (-10) Hello?!
- In my book, Emily Blunt can do no wrong, never mind that her Southern American character hints of a British background every now and then. (+5)
- The kid, Pierce Gagnon, is pure awesome. (+5) I think he can hold his own against Meryl Streep. In fact, someone should get the three of them all together, Meryl, Emily, and the kid for a sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. He would play Miranda’s deputy chief and he’ll be wearing Rick Owens, Margiela, and those brogue espadrilles from, of course, Prada.
- But before that, I would reeeaally want him and that kid in The Orphan to tag team in a horror flick. Then we’d all run out of the theater in the middle of the movie because to stay would mean a concession to devil worship. (+100 to that movie)
Looper, which I did not really review, gets an 8/10 rating from me.